How Much Will My Care Cost?
This question is top-of-mind for many of our patients. Here we provide some resources to help you make a more informed decision about your care and to help you better understand any out-of-pocket costs you may incur.
We know that navigating health care costs can be confusing, so we invite you to call us. And if you need help understanding our financial plans available for your care, we can start that conversation too.
Request an Estimate
Call Us: 618.643.2361 ext. 2073
When calling, please be prepared to provide the following information to ensure a quicker response time:
- Patient name and contact information
- Patient insurance information
- Physician ordering test/procedure
- CPT code(s)
A coding system, defined in the publication Content Procedural Terminology, for medical procedures that allows for compatibility in pricing, billing and utilization review. If you do not have the CPT code for your procedure, our patient accounts representatives can provide this information with an exact description of the service. If you are unable to provide a description, you can obtain this code by contact your provider’s office.
Items affecting your out-of-pocket expenses:
- Deductible – The amount of money you must pay annually before your health insurance plan begins to pay for other medical expenses.
- Co-Insurance – A cost-sharing requirement in which you are responsible for paying a certain percentage of the cost and the insurance company is responsible for the remaining percentage of the covered medical expenses after your deductible is met.
- Co-Payment – Also known as a co-pay, this refers to a specific flat fee for each health service.
Items impacting the accuracy of the estimation of liability:
- Accuracy of CPT(s)
- Additional testing ordered
- Patient remaining for observation/in patient after a procedure
- Cost/quantity of medications
- Changes in patient deductible due to timing of insurance claims processing
Note: All estimates are an approximation of your out-of-pocket hospital billing expenses. This does not include any estimation for professional billing (physicians, pathology, radiologists, etc.). If you have detailed questions about how your insurance carrier will process your claim, please contact your insurance carrier. Any estimation of liability is not considered a guarantee of benefits (or coverage of the test under your specific insurance plan).
Our standard charges are available to review; however, circumstances affecting your out-of-pocket expense are unique to you. Please contact a patient accounts representative a 618.643.2361 ext. 2073 who can help you understand the services and associated charges.